- Supreme sacrifice. Our lesson contains an interesting thought about goals, namely, that we should recognize that one key goal has already been reached by Jesus and was fulfilled at Calvary. Does that interpretation fill you with a sense of glory? or confusion? Our lesson also states, “The divinity of Christ did not die when Jesus died on the cross.” Can you explain how that could happen? Jesus’ time in the womb and later in the tomb shared one outstanding characteristic. What was it?
- The Lamb of God. How does thinking of Jesus as the Lamb of God help explain the sanctuary service of the Old Testament? True or False: All aspects of the pre-Advent services in the earthly sanctuary are repeated today in the heavenly sanctuary. Discuss. What is the precious value of any reference to the Lamb of God in Scripture? Read Hebrews 7:1-28. What is the message that the author of Hebrews wants to share with God’s children? Imagine what the heavenly sanctuary looks like today. Do you think that animals are physically present there? If not, how is the contribution of the ministry of Christ to our salvation represented in the heavenly sanctuary?
- Our High Priest. What characteristics of Jesus prove He has priestly qualifications above and beyond those held by anyone else? How do these qualifications make it possible for Christ to be our Redeemer and our High Priest? What was Zacharias referring to when he declared that Jesus was offering redemption to mankind? How was the gift of redemption first given to humans such as us? How can Christ offer you and me this gift?
- Our Intercessor. Jesus knows our every sin and shortcoming. On what basis, then, does He offer us salvation and the gift of eternal life? What has He done for us to make our salvation possible? When we pray earnestly to God for forgiveness for our sins, should that keep us from sinning at any future time? Have you ever been puzzled by the need expressed in Hebrews for the cleansing of the heavenly sanctuary? Did this cleansing first take place right after Christ ascended to heaven? What is the significance of 1844 in relationship to the heavenly sanctuary?
- Questions to consider: How does our constant concern for the repenting of our sins help us build a stronger faith in Jesus? What does blood have to do with our understanding of the plan of salvation? Can our sins today still be placed on Christ and then transferred to the heavenly sanctuary?
Source: Daily Sabbath School Lessons